As I mentioned in my Paleo Gluten-Free Quiche recipe, I used to not be a quiche fan, but now I’m a bit obsessed.
Note: When eggs are used in any recipe and not specified in terms of size, always use large and NEVER use jumbo. The jumbo eggs can turn your muffins into wet mush, your cookies into an goop, and on and on. Always use room-temperature eggs.
- 1 whole package of bacon
- 1 large onion
- 6 large eggs (room temp)
- ½ cup coconut milk or raw, grass-fed milk or half and half
- ¾ cup shredded Daiya cheese (Jalapeno is preferred)
- Preheat oven 425 degrees
- Bake bacon on rack in oven or pan fry, let cool. Drain.
- Chop ¾ cups of small pieces of bacon.
- Slice onion into thick round pieces leaving in ringlets.
- Brush with oil of your choice.
- Place on a rack in a Pyrex dish or a roasting rack and bake about 15-20 minutes until soft and shiny.
- Some will be crisped and some will be moist. The variety blends well with this dish.
- Place bacon in greased pie dish and top with whole onions.
- Whip eggs and milk with a hand mixer.
- Pour over onion/bacon mixture.
- Add shredded paleo friendly Daiya cheese and push down into the eggs a bit. (use any cheese you like if you are on dairy)
- Bake 20-25 minutes.at 425 degrees
- Turn oven down to 325 degrees.
- Cover dish lightly with tin foil, place back in oven for about 15 minutes more.
- Uncover dish and place in oven for another 5 minutes ( if needed).
- Done when light firmness and a “spring back” feel in middle.
- Let cool slightly.
From my kitchen to yours,