Looking for a new paleo way to enjoy chicken? Here is a unique and fun way to prepare chicken breast on the paleo, gluten free diet. It’s also FAST too! I hear a lot from people who feel they’re too busy to cook paleo. My paleo chicken strips in a salad recipe is great for us busy folks to fit into our schedules!
Shredded coconut is very low in carbs and is extremely low on the glycemic index. It has terrific fiber (yay!) so it helps moves things along, if you know what I mean! I can’t say this about coconut flour, unfortunately. I know so many people use coconut flour liberally. I use it in a number of baked recipes, but I try and keep it to a minimum. Please read up on coconut flour. I was a bit surprised when I did some further research into this myself, and I want you to be educated about this too.
Now back to these chicken strips! Go as wild as you care to with the spices. And get creative with how you serve these babies. I have served this paleo dish in a variety of ways. Today I placed mine on top of a delicious yet simple salad. You can serve it like this or with some paleo gluten-free sides or veggies. Yum!
Paleo Chicken Strips in a Salad
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 12 grinds of fresh black pepper
- ¾ cup shredded coconut
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 1½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch strips
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin coconut oil or butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
- Mix coconut flour, salt, and pepper together in a medium bowl.
- Lightly beat an egg with the tablespoon of oil in a second bowl.
- Put shredded coconut in third bowl.
- Dip chicken pieces in flour to coat evenly. (Bowl 1)
- Then dip chicken into egg mixture. (Bowl 2)
- Then coat with shredded coconut. (Bowl 3)
- Place chicken in a shallow baking pan.
- Drizzle with melted coconut oil, butter, or margarine.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in preheated oven or until chicken is browned and cooked through, turning once.