Keep in mind when you’re making this that flank steak grows tender with the help of a marinade and cooks quickly. Thank you, Chef Joseph, for all of your inspiration and your utmost respect for the human body and soul. You are an amazing person and a totally free spirit. I will always enjoy the memories of your times over at our home and the many stories of your adventures.
Paleo Flank Steak with Chimichurri Sauce
- 1 ½ lbs beef flank steak
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup grape seed oil
- ½ cup white wine vinegar
- ½ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup parsley
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- NOTE: double this recipe if you like leftovers
- Cut diamond pattern ⅛ inch deep into both sides of the beef. Place beef in shallow glass or plastic dish.
- Shake remaining ingredients in tightly covered jar.
- Pour 1 cup of sauce over beef.
- Cover remaining sauce. Cover and refrigerate beef, turning occasionally, at least 4 hours.
- Remove beef from sauce.
- Grill beef 4 or 5 inches from medium coals, turning and brushing with sauce once, until desired doneness, 6 to 8 minutes on each side for medium.
- Cut beef diagonally across the grain into thin slices.
- Serve with reserved sauce.
From my kitchen to yours,