This dish is so easy and super fun to make. You can make one large paleo zucchini frittata as a main dish or small frittata “pancakes” to accompany your main meal. I love serving these along with my high fiber bread or sometimes I serve them alongside paleo and gluten free waffles. The meal ideas are endless!
This frittata is such a great way to start off the day with clean eating! Frittatas are one of my beloved paleo breakfast meals. An open-faced omelet with eggs and vegetables, this meal is healthy and totally versatile. I venture that you could eat frittatas every day and not get bored, as long as you changed up the ingredients!
Paleo Zucchini Frittata
- 3 zucchini
- ½ small onion
- 2 eggs
- OPTIONAL: rice, soy or dairy cheee
- Shred the zucchini and set aside to drain.
- Cut your onion into small slices.
- Mix your eggs and pepper together in a bowl.
- Drain all of the water off the zucchini.
- Mix all ingredients together, excluding the cheese, and add salt as you desire.
- At this point you can even add some cheese, or you can wait until step 10.
- Oil your pan and heat up the pan.
- Add as much as you’d like of the mixture to create the frittata size you prefer, and turn heat down to medium.
- OPTIONAL: If you are making a large frittata you can now add a whole slice of cheese or some shredded cheese of your choice to the uncooked side, and add some more of the frittata mixture to cover the cheese.
- Flip over once golden on the first side.
- Turn the heat down a bit and let the other side cook and the cheese melt if you chose to add the cheese.