What a great way to start off the day! Frittatas are one of my beloved paleo breakfast meals. An open-faced omelet with eggs and vegetables, this meal is healthy and totally versatile. I venture that you could eat frittatas every day and not get bored, as long as you changed up the ingredients!
If you come up with any amazing paleo frittatas after experimenting on your own in the kitchen, please contact me with recipe and a picture. I’m always looking for new ideas on the paleo diet!
Paleo Zucchini Frittata
- 3 zucchini
- ½ small onion
- 2 eggs
- rice, soy or dairy cheese (optional)
- Shred the zucchini and set aside to drain.
- Cut your onion into small slices.
- Mix your egg and pepper in a bowl.
- Drain all of the water off the zucchini.
- Mix all ingredients together, excluding the cheese, and add salt as you desire.
- At this point you can even add some cheese, or you can wait until step 10.
- Oil your pan and heat up the pan.
- Add as much as you’d like of the mixture to create the frittata size you prefer, and turn heat down to medium.
- OPTIONAL: If you are making a large frittata you can now add a whole slice of cheese or some shredded cheese of your choice to the uncooked side, and add some more of the frittata mixture to cover the cheese.
- Flip over once golden on the first side.
- Turn the heat down a bit and let the other side cook and the cheese melt if you chose to add the cheese.
From my kitchen to yours,