Breakfast and chocolate. Yes this is real and yes this paleo recipe is actually healthy for you. Due to our busy schedules, breakfast can become mundane and so “protein shake” or “fried egg”. As the saying goes, breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It sets you up for your day and is the first meal you eat after that long “hibernation” called sleep. I added a little chocolate to this one as chocolate makes me happy and at the beginning of my day I like starting out on the right foot.
Try making these squares and I promise you will look at breakfast in a whole new way!
And if you’re crazy for chocolate, try some of my other chocolate recipes. You can create your own favorite combinations to enjoy your chocolate.
Have fun and don’t forget to also check out my latest PaleOmazing giveaway happening right now!Print
Breakfast is fun and easy to make with this delicious play on pancakes. With the tasty surprise of chocolate you are sure to want more than one.
- 6 egg whites
- 1 cup almond milk (or regular milk) minus 1 tablespoon
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- ½ cup walnut oil
- 3 ½ cup Almond Glory Mix
- 1 ¼ cup sugar of choice (I use 1cup date sugar and ¼ cup brown Lakanto)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Chocolate Chips or Chocolate Chunks (either my own recipe or Enjoy Life Mega Chips)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix egg whites, milk, butter, vinegar, vanilla, oil in a bowl – let sit and curdle.
- Put Almond Glory mix, sugar and baking soda into mixer – mix thoroughly.
- Add curdled egg mixture to dry mixture.
- Mix until batter is thick and pulls from the sides of the bowl (do not over mix).
- Spoon the batter into lightly sprayed square pan ½ to ²/3 full.
- Add a few chocolate chips or chunks into each square.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
- Frost or decorate as you wish.
If you have any questions or suggestions just email me at Tina (at) Paleomazing.com.