When I first heard about the paleo gluten free diet, I had no idea that many paleo desserts that were also gluten-free were essentially classic desserts that could be made without any dairy, grains, or sugar! These are also egg-free! My first experiment in the kitchen was with chocolate chip cookies and playing around with almond flour and nuts. What a fun time I had, and what a mess I made in the kitchen! It was all well worth the effort. Before I knew it, they were a success and I was sold on the paleo way of eating. As long as I could still satisfy my sweet tooth without jeopardizing my blood sugar, I was in!Print
A delicious cookie classic made paleo! Yes, please!
- First bowl:
- 2 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup gluten-free dairy free chocolate
- ¼ cup chopped nuts of your choice
- Second bowl:
- ¼ cup organic honey
- ½ cup grapeseed oil
- OPTIONAL: 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (I didn’t use this in my recipe though)
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Combine the ingredients in your first bowl.
- Combine the ingredients in your second bowl.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry.
- Refrigerate the dough for 20 minutes.
- Place 1 tablespoon balls onto a parchment lined pan and flatten slightly (about ⅓ inch thick).
- Bake for approximately 7 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool first.
- Serve and store any leftovers in an air-tight container.
If you make small balls, the cooking time will be 6-8, depending on if you flatten them a bit and how soft you like your cookies.
If you use a larger spoon, they will need more time to bake, and again it depends on how soft you like your cookies.
If you have any questions or suggestions just email me at Tina (at) Paleomazing.com.