Okay, let’s talk curry! Not only is curry super delicious, but it’s also good for you. What an excellent paleo spice to use in your paleo kitchen! Try this healthy and clean paleo curry chicken recipe alongside cauliflower rice or a veggie of choice for a perfect meal to end off the day.
Some of the benefits of curry include helping with joint inflammation, reducing the risk of Alzheimer’s, dementia, and cancer, and helping burn fat cells, and easing digestion (unless you make it too spicy—woo!). Wow, I don’t know about you, but I’m sold!
I talk about this all the time, but when you look at all the health benefits of items on the paleo food list, you can really see the importance of eating a wide variety of veggies, fruits, spices and herbs. Mother Nature provided us with so many ways to nourish ourselves, and I’m sure grateful! Do enjoy and please let me know how you like this recipe.Print
Not only is curry super delicious, but it’s also good for you. What an excellent paleo spice to use in your paleo kitchen!
- 6 oz. stewed tomatoes
- 2 oz. hot water
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 chicken breast, diced (or a whole chicken leg or thigh)
- Gluten-free soy sauce (1-2 dashes or to taste)
- 1 red pepper (capsicum), de-seeded and diced
- OPTIONAL: You may serve this dish over my cauliflower rice.
- Brown your chicken and onions in a pan.
- Add all of the spices, stewed tomatoes and water and cook on medium heat for approximately 10 minutes – add more water if necessary so that it won’t dry out.
- Meanwhile, prepare your optional cauliflower rice.
- Add red pepper to the pan and let cook for about a minute or so.
- Serve in bowls, on plates with a nice side salad, other vegetable of choice or over cauliflower rice.
For larger portions, double the recipe or triple it or more.
For larger and more formal dishes, leave chicken parts whole and leave stew covered for 45 minutes until chicken parts are thoroughly cooked as in the picture.
If you have any questions or suggestions just email me at Tina (at) Paleomazing.com.