I love serving this paleo, gluten-free, grain-free and dairy-free gravy with Paleo Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes and a healthy grass-fed meat for a balanced paleo meal with my family. Steam up a bunch of yummy veggies and whip up a yummy paleo dessert and you’ll have a perfect paleo dinner!
This is a great gravy alongside Thanksgiving turkey or holiday prime rib, but it really is an all-around workhorse of a recipe and can be used with so many dishes. It’s one of my easiest go-to recipes. For my raw and vegan friends, this recipe is one that you can enjoy as well!Print
This is my paleo version of a dietary staple. Pour this over beef or chicken or your protein of choice. Yum! This is also good to enjoy over vegetables. For my raw and vegan friends, this recipe is one that you can enjoy as well!
- 1 cup cashews (soaked for 4 hours and drained)
- ¾ cup crimini mushrooms
- 2 ½ cups filtered water
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 ½ teaspoons gluten-free Tamari sauce or Coconut Amino Acids
- ½ teaspoon scallions, chopped
- ½ teaspoon (no more!) nutmeg
- Right when you’re ready to pour the gravy over your mashed potatoes or mashed cauliflower, blend everything but the scallions and nutmeg.
- Add scallions and nutmeg to the top.
- Serve atop your protein of choice or vegetables. Heating up this gravy is optional.
If you have any questions or suggestions just email me at Tina (at) Paleomazing.com.