Now who would want to deprive their gluten-free kids of the sheer pleasure of cream-sicles? Well, we don’t have to! Gluten free children can have fun and enjoy paleo cream-sicles with this recipe right here! While you’re at it, check out my amazing paleo ice cream recipes that you can use to make this delicious treat! I’m a HUGE chocolate fan and highly recommend my Dark Chocolate Paleo Ice Cream recipe!
One of my favorite memories as a little girl was hanging out with my neighborhood friends on long summer days, riding around with cream-sicles dripping all over us. But we didn’t care about the mess, not one bit, because it was so delicious! (As are these other paleo treats!)Print
Now who would want to deprive their gluten-free kids of the sheer pleasure of cream-sicles? Well, we don’t have to! Gluten-free children can enjoy paleo cream-sicles with this recipe right here!
- Your child’s favorite ice cream (as much as you prefer) or any of my paleo ice cream recipes.
- OPTIONAL: gluten-free chocolate
- Freeze your ice cream to a firm level.
- Oil several cookie sheets.
- Shape your ice cream into fun shapes, yet be sure they are 1¾″ – 2″ thick. Cookie cutters are good to use to get the basic shape, but be sure to make them thick enough!
- Stick a popsicle stick ½ – ⅓ of the way up the middle. If the ice cream has softened a bit too much at this point, place the cookie sheet in the freezer before sticking the popsicle stick in.
- Place back in freezer with sticks in them.
- Wait for 30 minutes.
- OPTIONAL: Melt gluten-free chocolate of your choice (semi-sweet or dark) in double boiler or in a microwave.
- After Step 6 above, remove cream-sicles from freezer and dip in semi-warm (NOT HOT) chocolate.
- Place immediately back in freezer upright (make a little stand) for 20 minutes.
- Time to eat