Get ready for an amazing paleo eating experience. Yes, those days of eating warm, delicious sweet bread can be yours again with my latest recipe: Paleo Orange Poppyseed Bread. I love to spread ghee or coconut oil and some natural, sugar-free jam on each slice. Another great way to enjoy it is with one of my flavored butters like my Cranberry Butter or Spiced Butter, grass-fed of course!Print
Delicious with ghee or grass-fed butter. Make a double batch and invite company over for warm bread and tea!
- 1/3 cup sunflower butter
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 4 large eggs
- 2 ½ tablespoons sugar-free orange jelly or jam
- 1 ½ teaspoons orange essence
- 1 teaspoon ground vanilla
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoon ground Salba (or any chia seeds)
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- In advance, mix these 3 butters together: sunflower, tahini and almond butter – (will make a full cup).
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Grease a standard loaf pan.
- In one bowl, add just ¾ cup of the nut butter mixture, eggs, jelly or jam, orange essence, and vanilla. Let sit until it reaches room temperature.
- Use a hand mixer and mix on low. Gradually mix on medium then high to ensure eggs whip well.
- Add 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar.
- In another bowl mix together your flour, salt and baking soda. Mix well.
- Then add the chia and poppy seeds.
- Mix and fold the second bowl into the first.
- Pour into greased loaf pan.
- Place in middle of preheated oven.
- Set timer to 25 minutes – every oven bakes this slightly differently so keep an eye on it. Will take about 35-40 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Remove from pan.
If you have any questions or suggestions just email me at Tina (at) Paleomazing.com.