This gluten-free and raw paleo tostada forms the foundation of a delicious, clean and healthy Mexican paleo family dinner. Toss in your favorite Mexican salad ingredients—I love lettuce, tomatoes, jicama, grilled chicken or a turkey burger, some salsa or spice it up and mix in this tandoori guacamole—and serve! I make incredible hamburgers and use these wraps as my “buns.” They are always a hit!Print
This delicious paleo tostada forms the foundation of a delicious Mexican paleo family dinner. Toss in your favorite Mexican salad ingredients and enjoy!
- 1 cup chia seeds
- 2 cups sundried tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon Mexican spice blend (carried in most stores)
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1 cup filtered water
- Set aside 1 cup of the sundried tomatoes and the 1/4 cup of cilantro.
- Blend everything else in a high-powered blender until smooth.
- This mixture will be thick so you may have to use a spatula to scrape the sides of the blender and re-blend if necessary.
- Put this blended mixture into a small-medium size mixing bowl and mix in the remaining sundried tomatoes and cilantro until fully incorporated.
- If making tostada shells, use two more mixing bowls of the same size, line them by placing 2 Teflex dehydrator sheets inside the bowls. Spread the Chia mixture over the sheets using a rubber spatula.
- If you aren’t making tostada shells, simply spread the mixture on the dehydrator sheets.
- Spread the contents up on the edges of the bowl to create a bowl shape with the mixture.
- Set your dehydrator at 105F.
- Dehydrate the mix for 11-20 hours and check for dryness.
- When dry, remove tostada from bowls and very gently peel off the Teflex sheets.
- Check the underside of the shell.
- Flip to dry further if needed, 2 hours maximum.
- Happy, healthy and delicious eating!
If you have any questions or suggestions just email me at Tina (at) Paleomazing.com.