I came across three jars of the most amazing blends of perfect flavors. Over this past week I used all three and I MUST share each of these recipes with you. In the below chili relleno side-dish recipe I used their mushroom blend called Zesty Mexican which is a wild and perfect blend of diced Portabella, vegetables and herbs. I did not batter my chilis nor deep fry them. I came up with my own healthy paleo twist. They were a hit twice in one week!
There’re no artificial preservatives in these mushroom mixes, They are gluten free, low carb, paleo and keto friendly. I must say, fresh is the go word here. It comes in a jar, but the flavors are there as if I had just diced and mixed them right there on my very own cutting board. Amazing! FRESH-100%
I like to make quick and easy recipes. I hope you enjoy this unique side-dish. I made this recipe twice in one week at the family’s request. There were no leftovers either night. Now that tells you something.
I used a delicious mushroom blend called Zesty Mexican by BLENDABELLA which is a wild and perfect blend of diced Portabella, vegetables and herbs. I did not batter my chilis nor deep fry them.I came up with my own healthy paleo twist. They were a hit twice in one week.
- 5 Anaheim Chilies (choose ones the same general size and around 5–6 inches long)
- 1–1/2 cups fresh chopped cilantro
- 4 ounces soft goat cheese or mild cheese of your choice (room temp)
- 1 jar BLENDERABELLA Zesty Mexican
- OPTINIONAL GARNISH:
- 4 Tbsp raw pumpkin seeds (toasted recipe below)
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 drops of olive oil.
- Preheat the oven 350 F
- Mix the cilantro, cheese and jar of Zesty Mexican and set aside
- Wash and dry your pepper
- Split all the way down the center lengthwise leaving the stem and the tip intact
- Rinse under water cleaning of all seeds.
- Dry with towel.
- Roast over a low stove flame until lightly charred. Turning as needed with tongs. * using a broiler is an option, just turn frequently and keep an eye on them.
- Stuff each one with 1/5 of the mixture.
- Somewhat close the opening as best as you can.
- The stuffing will be exposed.
- Place them side-by-side in a 2.2 qt. rectangular Pyrex dish.
- Cover loosely with tin foil.
- Bake on the center rack of your oven covered for 35 minutes.
- Remove foil for the baking dish.
- Bake another 10-5 minutes.
- Let sit 5-10 covered with foil or serve immediately.
- Garnish with pumpkin seeds before serving is optional.
- OPTIONAL: While your chilies are baking you may roast your pumpkin seeds over a low flame in a small skillet until golden and browning and add 2 pinches of salt near the end. – you may add 2 drops of olive oil for a crispier oilier flavor during pan roasting.
This recipe is presented here as a side dish allowing 1 chili per person. If you have more people I highly recommend you make more and if you like leftovers, make even more! This recipe REALLY is a hit!