My kids are grown now, but I still like to make us all ice cream to enjoy while watching TV or a fun movie or just hanging out by the pool. Even though I’m paleo, I still get to enjoy these moments thanks to this paleo mint ice cream recipe! And don’t worry, this recipe is sugar-free and dairy-free and won’t send your blood sugar to astronomical levels. Eating paleo is as fun as you can make it creative.
This ice cream is perfect for summer weather and a unique and healthy alternative to what you’ll find in most ice cream shops and grocery stores nowadays. Paleo mint ice cream couldn’t get any easier to make, plus it contains only 5 ingredients!
One thing you need to know about me, besides the fact that I’m a total foodie, is how much I love ice cream. I don’t just like it for the taste of it (okay, mostly that’s why!), but it also brings back so many fond memories of eating ice cream with my children. We used to make our own ice cream as a way of being healthier and getting around our food sensitivities, before there were more ice cream choices out there for dairy-free people.
Enjoy! I sure am. 🙂Print
My kids are grown now, but I still like to make us all ice cream to enjoy while watching TV or a fun movie or just hanging out by the pool. Even though I’m paleo, I still get to enjoy these moments thanks to this recipe! Eating paleo is as fun as you can make it creative.
- 2/3 cup cold almond milk
- 2 large cold avocados
- 3–5 tablespoons melted honey (but not hot), to taste (those on the low carb or keto diet may use finely powdered Erythritol)
- Peppermint extract, to taste (I use about 12+ drops but I’m a mint addict and the mintier the better)
- OPTIONAL: chocolate chips or chocolate pieces, paleo approved is best
- OPTIONAL: mint leaves for fun and more color.
- Mix all of your ingredients together in a blender (omit the chocolate chips until the end if you prefer) except for the mint leaves.
- Pour into ice cream maker.
- Follow manufacturer’s instructions.
- I do scrape the sides now and then.
- Some people add some paleo-friendly dark chocolate pieces or chips (I do occasionally or more than occasionally).
- Serve with my homemade dark chocolate sauce.
- You can add little sprigs of mint – for eye appeal!
Add some variety and make ice cream sandwiches using homemade paleo cookies and layer with another flavored ice cream. Yum!
If you have any questions or suggestions just email me at Tina (at) Paleomazing.com.