This is one of my MOST popular Easter cookies. This particular recipe is delicious, nutritious and has flavors which will surprise and entice you and your guests to grab another and another. The kids LOVE them! These Paleo Easter Cookies are ones I thought I’d share with you all again in case you forget them from last year, or are new to my blog.
Print this off, set the paper on your counter, get your various ingredients ready and bake away! Let the kiddos help, and it is all fun!
This is one of my MOST popular Easter cookies. This particular recipe is delicious, nutritious and has flavors which will surprise and entice you and your guests to grab another and another.
- 1 cup Honeyville blanched almond flour
- 1 cup Hazelnut flour
- ¼ cup Pecan Meal*
- 4 tablespoons grass-fed Kerry Gold Pure Irish butter or Purity Farms Ghee, at room temp
- ⅓ cup honey, melted (organic clover is best)
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 4 teaspoons lemon zest
- Coconut Oil for greasing your pan
- UTENSILS you will need: one mixing bowl, one cookie sheet, cooling rack, zester, a cookie spatula, a mixing spoon as well as measuring spoons and cups.
- OPTIONAL: Cookie cutters
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Add the almond, hazelnut and pecan ingredients to a bowl.
- Stir and mix in the baking soda to distribute as evenly as possible.
- Add in the butter/ghee and stir well.
- Add in the honey and stir well.
- Sprinkle in the fresh lemon zest and stir in.
- You can form ¼ inch cookies (or smaller but not larger) in any shape you desire by hand at this point or spread out evenly by hand on wax paper and then place in refrigerator for 20-30 minutes to chill. Then use cookie cutters to create the shapes you desire.
- Place on greased cookie tray, 1 inch apart.
- Bake thin ones under ¼ inch for 6 minutes, and the ¼ inch cookies for 10-12 minutes until golden on the edges.
- Remove from oven and let cool on cooling rack for 10 minutes.
- Gently flip over with a cookie spatula to avoid breaking.
- Flip over and cook another 6-10 minutes to allow the top to turn a golden color.
- Remove and allow to cool.
- Place cookies in refrigerator to chill (optional), but they taste delicious cold.
- OPTIONAL: Frost with my popular Lemon frosting which is Paleo, Dairy Free, Gluten-Free, Nut-Free, Sugar-Free & Keto Approved!
*Pecan Flour will also work yet will yield less crunchy textured cookies