Someone near and dear to my heart sent me this clean, paleo gluten free recipe, and I just HAD to share it with you all! Thank you to Sofi Gil, who learned this in cooking school in L.A.! I have only good things to say about cooking with ginger, and this sole vin blanc with ginger-lime butter recipe truly allows it to shine. What an amazing flair it gives to this dish and so many other dishes.
Ginger is pretty amazing. You can add it to teas, smoothies, sauces, marinades, salad dressings, and meats! It’s also great for settling an upset tummy, so you’ll certainly benefit from eating more of it. I have more fish and seafood recipes to share if you’re a fan of this!Print
Someone near and dear to my heart sent me this paleo gluten-free recipe, and I just HAD to share it with you all! Thank you to Sofi Gil, who learned this in cooking school in L.A.! I have only good things to say about cooking with ginger. What an amazing flair it gives your dishes
- 2–4 filets of sole (or other lean fish)
- ¼ cup shallots, chopped
- 1–2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- ¼ cup white wine
- ¼ cup water
- 1–2 ounces ginger-lime butter (see recipe below)
- Ginger-Lime Butter:
- 4 tablespoons butter, unsalted and room temperature
- 2 tablespoons (1 lime) of lime zest, grated
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Pepper, to taste
- Sprinkle the shallots over the bottom of a sauté pan. Add the wine and water. Add the filets and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover the pan with foil or parchment paper. Place pan on high heat until the liquid comes to a simmer.
- Immediately lower the heat, maintaining a simmer and poach the fish for 2-5 minutes, or until the fish is done.
- When the fish is cooked, remove from the pan and keep the fish warm.
- Bring the liquid in the pan to a boil and reduce until it is syrupy and 1-2 tablespoons remains in the pan.
- Remove the pan from the heat and whisk the butter into the liquid.
- Add chopped cilantro.
- Adjust your seasonings, pour sauce over the fish and serve.
- Ginger-Lime Butter:
- Combine all the ingredients and stir until smooth. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour (optional).