Easy, easy, easy is what this delicious paleo goat cheese pizza with herb and salami recipe is. What a simple, healthy and fast way to handle a craving for pizza! It’s also perfect for that quick dinner, late-night snack or next great party. Need some more quick recipes? Check out my 20-Minute Recipes.
So goat cheese on the paleo diet? Well, sure! It really depends which paleo diet you’re following whether or not you’re going to eat goat cheese or other dairy. It’s recommended by some paleo enthusiasts that if you’re going to eat dairy, go for raw stuff that’s not low-fat (and fermented is even better!), or at least organic and non-homogenized cheese.Print
Easy, easy, easy is what this recipe is. What a simple and fast way to handle a craving for pizza! It’s also perfect for that quick dinner, late-night snack or next great party.
- 1 paleo pizza crust
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 large or 3 medium Roma tomatoes, sliced
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon sage
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh rosemary
- 4 oz sliced hormone-free salami
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Cook pizza crust per instructions.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil and sauté onion for 5-8 minutes or until tender.
- Spread onions evenly over pizza crust, then top with tomato slices, spreading evenly to the edges.
- Top with cheese dollops – here and there.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle sage and rosemary evenly over pizza.
- Top with salami.
- Return to oven and bake for 5-7 more minutes, or until tomatoes are hot and cheese has softened.