These paleo golden pancakes are so delicious! I recently hosted a brunch for some girlfriends of mine and served these pancakes along with my Paleo Gluten-Free Quiche and fresh fruit. I made the quiche the day before and prepared these pancakes in the morning before the ladies arrived. I heated the quiche in the oven and kept the pancakes warm in the toaster oven. I love doing brunch this way – delicious and healthy paleo food and I’m still able to completely enjoy my guests. So easy! Serve these pancakes with some Paleo Gluten Free Spiced Butter and a drizzle of maple syrup.
My golden pancakes freeze nicely too. Just place the pancakes on a parchment-lined baking sheet and place the pancakes in a single row. Freeze them for several hours then stack them with a slip of parchment between each of them and toss them in a freezer-safe ziplock bag. You’ll have pancakes whenever you want them. Just take one from the freezer and pop it in the toaster to heat up in a flash. Now that’s fast and easy paleo!Print
With some eggs and the right mixture of flours, you can create paleo alternatives to just about any of your baking favorites! These Paleo Golden Pancakes will hit the spot AND give you some long-lasting energy, unlike grain-containing pancakes, which can leave you feeling heavy and lethargic or hungry before you know it!
- Bowl #1:
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 pinches ground organic vanilla powder
- Coconut oil for pan
- Bowl #2:
- 4 large, grade-A eggs, whisked together
- 2–3 tablespoons organic honey
- ¼ – ½ cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Mix your dry ingredients from bowl #1 together.
- Sift the dry ingredients twice.
- Mix the wet ingredients from bowl #2 together.
- Add as much almond milk to bowl #2 to thin it down, but don’t let it get too runny.
- Add wet to dry, don’t over mix.
- Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Heat pan and add coconut oil.
- Pour a ¼ cup of batter into pan.
- It will bubble a lot and that is when you will gently flip the pancake.
- Turn heat up and down as needed to get the golden pancakes we all prefer.