This easy paleo recipe is quick to make, and it makes for excellent leftovers. I make this any season and it is terrific for an outdoor barbecue as a side dish option. I love the option of my paleo lasagna with boar or beef as it really tastes 100% different depending on which protein is used. Boar is a “must try at least once” type of meat. This dish is totally delicious and packed with a ton of fiber and micro-nutrients! A real nutrient-dense meal that’s fulfilling without the carbs. We all love it!
If you’d care to add cheese to your lasagna like my paleo husband who eats goat and sheep cheese, go ahead and add some to the top but do it after you remove it from the oven. Of course if you are a real cheese lover, add it between the layers!Print
This lasagna is totally delicious and packed with a ton of fiber and micro-nutrients! A real nutrient dense paleo dish. We all loved it! You may add some cheese to the top but do it after you remove it from the oven. Of course if you are a real cheese lover add it between the layers!
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 bulbs garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 large chopped onion
- Wild boar or beef steak, cut into ½ inch bite-size chunks (ground beef is totally fine)
- 4 organic ripe tomatoes chopped fine (de-stemmed)
- 1 tablespoon wild honey
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- Fresh ground pepper and salt to taste
- 1 spaghetti squash, baked and inside scooped out
- 10–12 cups Fresh baby spinach
- Cheese of your choice (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425F degrees.
- Cut and clean your spaghetti squash.
- Wipe the inside with a little coconut oil.
- Bake spaghetti squash for 45 minutes. Afterwards, lower the oven temperature to 375F.
- Clean and scoop it out and place the “spaghetti” in a bowl.
- Saute onions in coconut oil until translucent.
- Add garlic with cut up boar or beef (or ground beef) for about 8 minutes on medium.
- Add tomatoes, garlic and onion powder, and fresh ground pepper and mix.
- And honey and stir well.
- Bring to a simmer and let simmer uncovered 20-25 minutes.
- Layer the spaghetti squash and spinach and meat sauce alternately in a 9 x 13 inch dish and cover with foil OR add squash on bottom, top with spinach, then sauce.
- Bake at 375F for 30 minutes or until cooked and hot throughout.
- Top with cheese if you desire.
I purchased the boar for this recipe at Whole Foods. I did not like the boar before. In this dish, I loved it!
If you have any questions or suggestions just email me at Tina (at) Paleomazing.com.