I had no idea pork could taste so clean and moist until I tried this company’s pork chops. I have never been a big fan of pork except for my weekend bottomless pit when it comes to bacon options and Baked Eggs in a Porky Cup! Well, now my views have changed 100% about pork and its TRUE flavor. Thanks to 5280meat, I have not only fallen in love with how a true pork chop should taste, I have also created a very easy paleo pork chops recipe. It is out-of-this-world, simple to prepare and clean tasting.
I am all in favor of easy and healthy recipes. I do not enjoy shopping on the other side of town for that one main ingredient that I can’t even find on Amazon. I have a terrific stock of pantry items as time progresses and some terrific herbs and spices. Sometimes I just want a good easy sauce that has clean ingredients though and is readymade or that is super quick to whip up without a large number of ingredients. Below I have given you both options but this recipe is DELICIOUS without any sauce!
I would not have made this, had it not been for 5280meat and the introduction of their pork. I have gone “hog wild” for their ribs and even tried their boneless pork chops and a pork roast. This is not at all an advertisement for them. It is my sincere feedback. Since I do not serve it a lot, I asked my family for their feedback too and I got this: “Crazy flavor! Is this what pork really should taste like? Golden and buttery looking after”; “Delicious and light. The best pork we have ever eaten as far as I am concerned”; “I loved your chops! “
So, no matter where you buy your chops from, do enjoy this recipe and if you want to try possibly the best pork chops we have ever eaten, try them out. These are perfect when paired alongside spaghetti squash, zoodles or cauliflower rice. Speaking of pork, you may get a kick out of a dessert or two, Nutter Butter Bacon Cookies and Paleo Dark Chocolate Bacon OMG! Ok, I am hungry!
Hope you enjoy! Let me know how you like it.Print
I am all in favor of easy and healthy recipes. I do not enjoy shopping on the other side of town for that one main ingredient for a sauce or topping that I can’t even find on Amazon. Below I have given you some options but this recipe is DELICIOUS without any sauce at all!
- 2 bone-in 1 ½ thick pork chops – I used 5280meat
- 1 tablespoon grass-fed ghee
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Cracked black pepper, to taste
- Sea Salt, to taste
- Sauce (or buy your own store bought)
- 2 tablespoons grass-fed butter or ghee
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 ripe tomato, pureed or 1 tablespoon tomato sauce or marinara sauce
- 1 very small handful of fresh spinach or chard
- 4 tablespoons marsala wine or any sweet wine
- Season the pork with cracked black pepper to taste.
- Heat your ghee and oil in a skillet.
- Turn heat up to medium-high.
- Sear for 2 minutes each side.
- Cook the chops on low for another 18 minutes on the stove top, covered.
- Remove the pork chops from the heat and serve with fresh cracked pepper and sea salt.
- Using a very small pan, warm the butter or ghee over medium heat.
- Add the chopped celery and tomato or sauce.
- Stir and cook until translucent.
- Add spinach or chard and turn up the heat.
- Add marsala and cook until it reduces slightly.
- Turn heat down to a simmer.
- Remove and pour sauce over your chops.