I like using different methods of paleo type cooking and baking not only to mix things up but also to share many other ways of utilizing one’s kitchen. Smoker bags are a discovery I made and am really happy I did. The flavor infused throughout the food being cooked is like no other. It can be much easier than having a full-on smoker in your backyard. Oh, by the way, if you do have a full-on smoker I kindly ask that you send me over some smoked meats. 🙂 I found this paleo smoked chicken recipe on my smoker bag – easy to make and right in your kitchen! I added a a few extra spices and some olive oil to add more flavor to it. You know I love flavor!
I hope you enjoy this recipe. Be warned that nce you experience the flavor of using a smoker bag you will want to try to smoke every type of meat. (Like the ribs I smoked in a smoker bag recently.) This is an easy to clean up recipe and goes great with any paleo vegetable side dish, like my paleo swiss chard and mushroom recipe.Print
I like using different methods of cooking and baking not only to mix things up but also to share many other ways of utilizing one’s kitchen. Smoker bags are a discovery I made and I’m glad I did. Just add that deliciously seasoned chicken to your smoker bag and let the magic happen!
- 1 pound of chicken pieces of choice, skin removed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- Pinch of dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Smoker bag
- Preheat your oven to 475F degrees or heat your barbecue if using.
- Mix the seasonings together and rub over your chicken.
- Place chicken in the smoker bag and seal it up.
- Place the bag on the heat, either barbecue or oven, making sure that your heat source has come up to temperature and is hot.
- Smoke chicken in its bag for 15 minutes.
- Lower the oven temperature to 375F degrees. If using a barbecue, turn your gas grill to Medium. If using a charcoal grill, lift the grate up one step.
- Continue to cook 30 minutes.
- Remove the smoker bag with oven mitts.
- Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Cut bag open on the top. Be careful as it will be hot and steam may escape.
- Remove your chicken from the smoker bag and serve.