Pizza is beyond lovely as we all know and a real tummy pleaser. It can be a bit difficult though if you are following the primal or paleo diet. This Paleo Spinach Pizza recipe will give you a unique idea as to how to turn a classic pizza recipe into a new healthy dish. This paleo pizza is not only full of goodness, but it will also satisfy any carb cravings you might be experiencing. It is a perfect party dish where you can introduce your guests to a paleo or a gluten free option to the carb-loaded standard pizzas which are in all honesty full of “raise your blood sugar” madness.
This recipe was contributed by Rossy Neame who believes that happiness exists within us and being healthy is the first step to a constant smile on our faces. So she set out to create a website, Primal Yum in which she not only shares healthy and delicious recipes but also shares her love for hiking and yoga. Rossy paints in her studio and creates mini-sculptures using wood, moss and fungus. The rest of the time Rossy works as a 3D artist in the biggest film studio in the Balkans, situated in the mountain near the capital city of Bulgaria.
Thank you once again Rossy! Please check out her other recipe creations on PaleOmazing.com.Print
Pizza is a real tummy pleaser. It can be a bit difficult though if you are following the primal or paleo diet. This Paleo Spinach Pizza recipe will give you a unique idea as to how to turn a classic pizza recipe into a new healthy dish, paleo and gluten free. This recipe was contributed by Rossy Neame the founder of the website, Primal Yum.
- 4 eggs
- 1 ¾ cups blanched spinach, drained well
- ½ cup pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons almond flour
- 3 tablespoons butter or ghee
- Salt and black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a non-stick frying pan heat the butter and add the pine nuts to it.
- Gently fry them by stirring them constantly until they turn golden. Be careful not to burn them.
- Blend the pine nuts well till they are fine and add the rest of the ingredients to them.
- Blend again.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and butter it well.
- Pour the mixture on it and spread with a spoon to make a round shape.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes.
- Top with your favorite toppings and return to the oven until you’ve reached the desired result – melted cheese, crispy bacon, etc.
If you have any questions or suggestions just email me at Tina (at) Paleomazing.com.