This dish is so easy and super fun to make. You can make one large paleo zucchini frittata as a main dish or small frittata “pancakes” to accompany your main meal. I love serving these along with my high fiber bread or sometimes I serve them alongside paleo and gluten free waffles. The meal ideas are endless!
This frittata is such a great way to start off the day with clean eating! Frittatas are one of my beloved paleo breakfast meals. An open-faced omelet with eggs and vegetables, this meal is healthy and totally versatile. I venture that you could eat frittatas every day and not get bored, as long as you changed up the ingredients!Print
This dish is so easy and super fun to make. You can make one large paleo zucchini frittata as a main dish or small frittata “pancakes” to accompany your main meal.
- 3 zucchini
- ½ small onion
- 2 eggs
- OPTIONAL: rice, soy or dairy cheee
- Shred the zucchini and set aside to drain.
- Cut your onion into small slices.
- Mix your eggs and pepper together in a bowl.
- Drain all of the water off the zucchini.
- Mix all ingredients together, excluding the cheese, and add salt as you desire.
- At this point you can even add some cheese, or you can wait until step 10.
- Oil your pan and heat up the pan.
- Add as much as you’d like of the mixture to create the frittata size you prefer, and turn heat down to medium.
- OPTIONAL: If you are making a large frittata you can now add a whole slice of cheese or some shredded cheese of your choice to the uncooked side, and add some more of the frittata mixture to cover the cheese.
- Flip over once golden on the first side.
- Turn the heat down a bit and let the other side cook and the cheese melt if you chose to add the cheese.
If you have any questions or suggestions just email me at Tina (at) Paleomazing.com.