With the New year coming up I felt these are a perfect addition to any celebration, festivity and holiday. Rossy is full of ideas and occupies every spare second with exciting hobbies, such as making these incredible Dairy Free Chocolate Truffles or as she calls them, Chocolate Raffaelos. Now think of chocolate, hazelnut and orange blended all together to create one heck of an ultimate gluten free, paleo treat!
Rossy’s website, primalyum.co.uk was created a few years ago when she discovered that she had a gluten intolerance. Today, it is a place where one can get travel inspiration and can find easy recipes for a healthy lifestyle. Rossy believes that happiness exists within us and being healthy is the first step to a constant smile on our faces. She also loves hiking and yoga, during the weekends she paints in her studio and creates mini-sculptures using wood, moss and fungus. The rest of the time, Rossy works as a 3D artist in the biggest film studio on the Balkans, situated in the mountain near the capital city of Bulgaria – Sofia.
Rossy shared with me that it is actually very difficult to find good quality, healthy chocolates that are also delicious. She feels it is usually one or the other. These paleo truffles will bring a smile to any face with their delicate aroma and gentle flavor, especially during this time of year. The only ingredient used for sweetness is dates and they give a velvety caramel texture to the truffles. In the middle, a whole hazelnut waits as a little surprise. The perfect addition to any celebration and holiday.
For more healthy tips and healthy dessert ideas, be sure to visit my eBook page for a wide selection of informative eBooks to get the new year started off right!Print
These are a perfect addition to any celebration and holiday. Rossy is full of ideas and occupies every spare second with exciting hobbies, such as making these incredible Dairy Free Chocolate Truffles or as she calls them, Chocolate Raffaellos. Rossy’s website www.primalyum.co.uk was created a few years ago when she discovered that she has gluten intolerance.
- 7 ½ ounces dates
- 7 ounces walnuts
- 2 tablespoons hazelnut tahini
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons cacao butter
- Zest of 1 orange, grated
- 1 ½ tablespoons chocolate liquor
- Vanilla Extract, to taste
- Shredded coconut (as much as you prefer)
- 1 ¾ ounces whole hazelnuts
- TOOLS: latex or rubber gloves
- Soak the dates in hot water for 15 minutes, then peel and remove the pits.
- Blend the dates with 3 tablespoons of the water they were soaked in.
- Slowly melt the coconut oil and cacao butter.
- Blend the walnuts till they become powdery.
- Mix all ingredients except for the whole hazelnuts and shredded coconut.
- Leave in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Put gloves on.
- Using a spoon, make little balls, adding a hazelnut in the center. Roll each ball in shredded coconut and leave on parchment paper.
- Leave the chocolates to cool in the fridge for as many hours as possible.
- Enjoy with an afternoon coffee!