I always start this paleo banana french toast recipe with my paleo banana bread. It is a sneak attack on the salivary glands with both bananas in the bread and my banana topping. It is a perfect natural balance of sweet and is an ideal brunch addition along with my Paleo Crustless Quiche.
You do not have to stick with this one bread as I do have a few others that are interesting to make into french toast too. You can try my CaveWoman’s Banana Bread for example. Delicious! Just use my super easy and healthy banana topping mentioned above and you are all set.
This is quite easy and the recipe requires very little skill.
Enjoy! Then take a peek at what I have going on over at my giveaway page!Print
I always start this paleo banana french toast recipe with my paleo banana bread. It is a sneak attack on the salivary glands with both bananas in the bread and the topping. It is a perfect natural balance of sweet and is an ideal brunch addition.
- Slice your bread into ¾ inch thick slices.
- Mix your eggs and cinnamon.
- Heat skillet on medium heat.
- Heat half of your butter/fat of choice.
- Soak one piece of bread at a time or get two bowls and go twice as fast.
- Pierce the bread gently with a fork to get the egg to soak in (be gentle!).
- Fry each piece for about 2 minutes per side on medium heat.
- Adjust temperature as needed.
- Add more fat to the skillet as needed.
- If you are making lots of french toast then heat your oven and cover the finished pieces with tin foil to keep warm while you continue to make more.
- Sprinkle with your sweetener of choice or top with my Paleo Banana Topping!
You can make extra french toast. Just cover and refrigerate and then heat up on another day. Great for a quick on-the-go breakfast for both you and the kids!