Cheat night-Not! Paleo Chocolate Banana Split NutButter in a Cup night!!! This is the dessert of my dreams: high protein, good fats, no sugar and loaded with antioxidants. Wow, that was a mouthful, literally… 🙂 And no plummeting sugar blues hours later. I can attest to that as I just had my own. This is great after a night of delicious Flank Steak with Chimichurri Sauce or my yummy Thai Fish Skewers!
I offer my dairy free version of this dessert below and with one simple adjustment you can make this with full fat grass fed whipping cream. How you decide to proceed depends on whether you are dairy free or not.
Every once in a while I am ready for a little treat but I am really not into treats that make me feel like crap hours later, the next day or that mess up my whole digestion. I don’t want to share food that will do that to others either or that will not help in fat loss goals. I am a bit past the stage of indulging for the moment, just to regret it later. I hope with recipes like this you too can get away from too many of those not really Paleo recipes as, to be honest, they are not that great for you – whether you are strict Paleo or not. I am not strict Paleo. I use it as a template and I do not allow my blood sugar to run wild with its cravings. I control that. Try it… 🙂 see how you feel for a while. Be your own chief in charge… 🙂
Now, as if a Paleo Chocolate Banana Split NutButter in a Cup recipe isn’t a treat in itself, I’ve got a fun giveaway happening right now so don’t forget to visit my giveaway page! Have fun!Print
Chocolate Banana Split NutButter in a Cup night!!! This is the dessert of my dreams: high protein, good fats, no sugar and loaded with antioxidants. Wow, that was a mouthful – literally, and no plummeting sugar blues hours later.
- 2 – 1/4 cups cold almond milk (make your own or use store bought full-fat)
- 3 heaping tablespoons almond, cashew or macadamia nut butter
- 4 heaping tablespoons Organic Cacao or pure Dutch Chocolate
- 3 good and ripe cold bananas (not frozen)
- 10–12 drops Luo Han Guo, or to taste
- ½ cup grass-fed whipping cream or ½ can refrigerated full fat coconut cream (drain coconut water)
- Cacao for dusting
- Ice cubes
- Place all your ingredients into a high-speed blender (don’t include the cream) and blend on HIGH! Include the ice and only 2 bananas.
- Whip your cream with a hand mixer until it is soft yet lumpy and holds its shape.
- Add some ice cubes to thicken to your desire as it will be thick already.
- Take 2-3 cups and slice your last banana into each cup – nice sized chunks.
- Pour the Chocolate Banana Split NutButter over the sliced bananas.
- Top with whipped cream and dust with cacao.
- Eat with a spoon or straw.