This delicious paleo tzatziki sauce made fresh is one of those special condiments that you can use on top of meats, vegetables and salads such as Paleo Chicken Strips in a Salad. It’s also a great primal dip served with raw veggies at parties. There are still many paleos who eat dairy (learn about the different types of paleo diets on my The Paleo Diet page), and this recipe has dairy. However, it can be made with drained coconut cream instead, but do understand that the taste will not be exactly the same as the original recipe, and you may need to add additional spices to taste.Print
This tzatziki sauce is great on meats, vegetables and salads!
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups low-fat Greek yogurt
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup Kirby or English cucumber, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- Whisk oil and lemon juice together in a medium bowl until emulsified.
- Slowly add yogurt, mixing thoroughly.
- Add garlic, cucumber and mint.
- Mix gently.
- Chill overnight.
If you have any questions or suggestions just email me at Tina (at) Paleomazing.com.