This recipe for paleo versatile sweet potatoes is really such an easy and delicious Paleo recipe. Many people write in and ask me for simple and easy ways to make a quick and easy side dish or dessert at home. This is for all of you! This is ideal for the intense athlete too!
Also, this is for the many busy people out there that I want to help get good delicious food into their bodies as well as help adhere to their Paleo Meal Plans yet not spend a whole evening in the darn kitchen. Then there is clean up too! Heck no. Food and cooking can be fun, quick, easy and rewarding.
Did I fail to mention the leftovers of these are simple to heat up, OR you can add some more butter, cinnamon and even toasted nuts and you have yourself a mini dessert. See, two recipes in one! Then you can take some to work and heat it up and let your co-workers be envious as they smell what’s in your little hands…yum!
Speaking of easy, you may also like my homemade Paleo Dairy Free Pesto or my yummy Paleo Hummus if you have the ingredients around. These are both easy to make and leftovers keep for weeks. These are low carb recipes too.
Enjoy! And don’t forget to pop on over to my giveaway page. Giving away something new every couple weeks!Print
A holiday favorite, for sure, but I enjoy this dish all year round!
- 7 medium sweet potatoes (4 pounds total), cut into large wedges
- 4 tablespoons softened grass-fed butter (1/2 stick)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¾ teaspoon maple syrup
- OPTIONAL: salt to taste
- Steam sweet potatoes in large saucepan until fork-tender (25-30 minutes).
- Let cool.
- Peel and place in mixing bowl.
- Mash with hand masher, then beat with electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Mix in butter, cinnamon and nutmeg and maple syrup.
- Leave some of your spices for the top!
- Add salt if you desire.
If you have any questions or suggestions just email me at Tina (at) Paleomazing.com.