There is nothing better than a recipe that is easy and that you do not even need to bake! That is right, this recipe caters to my Paleo, Gluten Free, Raw and Vegan friends alike. Woo-hoo! I absolutely love the flavor of this raw chocolate pie crust in many of my pies and tarts. How about with my Paleo Apple Pie or my Raw Vanilla Cheezecake with Orange Berry Sauce for example?!
Aside from being easy, it is nutritious. The almonds add that delicate flavor and they are easy to find as they are available throughout the year to make a healthy and tasty addition to both sweet and savory dishes. They are the freshest mid-summer. This is when they are at the height of their season. The nut is technically the seed of the fruit of the almond tree, a medium-sized tree that bears fragrant pink and white flowers. The seed of the almond fruit is what we refer to as the almond nut.
Now let’s talk about dates. Dates offer many health benefits. I am very fond of Dr. Mercola for many reasons, including the terrific article he wrote about dates and their benefits: http://foodfacts.mercola.com/dates.html I think it is really worth reading. So many qualities around such a delicious little fruit!
I could go on and on but let’s get to making my crust recipe and of course then eating it. 🙂
On the topic of delicious and easy dessert recipes, be sure to also check out my eBooks page where you’ll find my book on decadent chocolate and cacao recipes and delights – enjoy!Print
This recipe caters to my Paleo, Gluten Free, Raw and Vegan friends alike and goes great with my Raw Vanilla Cheezecake with Orange Berry Sauce. Yum!
- 2 cups almonds
- 1 cup pecans or walnuts
- 1 ½ cups dates, chopped
- 2/3 cup 100% cacao powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2–4 teaspoons water
- Place almonds into a food processor and grind until somewhat fine.
- Add pecans or walnuts and grind until somewhat fine.
- Add the remaining ingredients excluding the water.
- Add water until the dough is no longer flaky but just until the dough holds slightly together.
- Line a 9” spring form pan with waxed paper.
- Add your dought to the pan and spread over the bottom and up the sides. Press firmly.
- Leave as-is for a raw crust.
If you have any questions or suggestions just email me at Tina (at) Paleomazing.com.