I started out using coconut oil when I went more into the Paleo diet, then switched to using Bulletproof Upgraded MCT Oil. I am really happy I have discovered Bulletproof and some of his products. I have my family on his oils and we have been using my version of Bulletproof coffee, as well as his, using ghee. MCT is not just a Bulletproof product. You can buy MCT oil in many stores and online but the strength will need to be researched.
Dave, the founder of Bulletproof Exec. site promotes that his Upgraded MCT oil is 6x stronger than coconut oil when it comes to providing medium chain triglyceride free fatty acids. It is a Bulletproof process refined version of coconut oil made from coconut and/or palm kernel. Upgraded MCT is 100% Capric and Caprylic Acid.
Capric acid is a medium-chain fatty acid found in saturated fats. Small amounts are present in cow’s milk and goat’s milk, but it is abundant in tropical oils such as coconut oil and palm kernel oil. Capric acid, together with other medium-chain triglycerides, is responsible for the health benefits attributed to coconut oil.
MCT Oil can cause some interesting side effects such as diarrhea, vomiting, irritability, nausea, stomach discomfort, intestinal gas, essential fatty acid deficiency, and other side effects. Taking MCTs with food may reduce some of these side effects.
- Athletes sometimes use MCTs for nutritional support during training, as well as for decreasing body fat and increasing lean muscle mass. I find it REALLY helps lean me out when I want that!
- MCTs are a fat source for patients who cannot tolerate other types of fats.
- Researchers also think that these fats produce chemicals in the body that might help fight Alzheimer’s disease.
- People use MCTs as medicine.
- MCTs are used along with usual medications for treating food absorption disorders including diarrhea, steatorrhea (fat indigestion), celiac disease, liver disease, and digestion problems due to partial surgical removal of the stomach (gastrectomy) or the intestine (short bowel syndrome).
If you are interested in improving your health, you may want to start looking into adding this to your diet. Be sure to also take a look at my eBook page where you’ll find helpful information on improving your health, leaning out and eating clean.
Also, if you have any questions about Bulletproof’s MCT Oil or any of their other products, please reach out directly to Bulletproof here.
If you have any questions or suggestions just email me at Tina (at) Paleomazing.com.