Halloween is around the corner and parties seem to be topic of many conversations, especially with my 24 year old daughter. Well what is a gal like me to do but get with the excitement and hook up with my friend Starlene Stewart, of the very popular blog, GAPSDietJourney (www.GapsDietJourney.com) and ask her to share an appropriate recipe. This gal can cook and boy does she do it well, as you will discover in this paleo pumpkin pie coconut milk custard recipe for the GAPS Diet! Not only that but she is also giving away 5 eBooks on my Paleo Giveaway page. Check it out!
So about this custard recipe! Starlene is sharing her incredible paleo and GAPS recipe along with an informative in-depth interview she was so kind to do with me. Now folks this lady is busy and I have to tell you I am extremely honored to be sharing her feedback on my curious and personal questions. She has so much to share and is helping people achieve better health on a daily basis. I adore this woman!
Here is her easy and healthy custard recipe and be sure and check out her interview and learn a lot!Print
Enjoy this delicious and easy to make, paleo and GAPS diet friendly dessert!
- 5 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup butternut squash, steamed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Blend all the ingredients until frothy in your blender or with a hand immersion blender.
- Divide evenly into six oven-safe glass dishes, or you could use an 8″ x 8″ baking dish.
- Place the smaller dishes into a casserole dish. Fill the casserole dish with an inch of hot water. The water should be halfway up the sides of the baking dishes.
- Bake 45 minutes to one hour, when a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Some of these were done at 45 minutes, with the remainder getting done at various times up to a full hour.