Quick meal prep with sautéed maine diver scallops and a delicious lemon & garlic seasoning on a bed of pureed spinach and garlic, flanked by sliced watermelon radishes, shaved pecorino and lemon vinaigrette with black sesame seeds…CLEAN EATING at its finest! Such a nice paleo dish with all flavors blending perfectly together, and a great meal if you’re now on a New Year’s diet after packing on any pounds from the holidays. This is my first time using FlavorGod with my Scallops—HINT…try it!!!!! You will be very happy you did!
Also, remember your salad can be very simple and elegant. This was a perfect idea for my family and friends and does not take long at all. This is my recipe for my scallops but I also included the other recipes below for anyone curious. Make the scallops last so they are warm when you serve and eat them. Let’s get this party started!!!
True “Diver” Scallops are those that are hand harvested from the ocean floor by professional fishermen. More often than not, chefs and customers are told they are purchasing a “Diver” Scallop. The truth of the matter is that less than 1% of all the scallops harvested are really those hand harvested by a diver.
I’d also like to invite you to visit my eBook page which contains a book that’s appropriate for this time of year: Shed Unwanted Pounds – the Paleo & Gluten-Free Diet. I hope you find it helpful!Print
True “Diver” scallops are those that are hand harvested from the ocean floor by professional fishermen. Quick meal prep with scallops and a delicious lemon & garlic seasoning on a bed of pureed spinach and garlic, flanked by sliced watermelon radishes, shaved pecorino and lemon vinaigrette with black sesame seeds…CLEAN EATING at its finest!
- 3 tablespoons ghee
- 1 ½ tablespoons FlavorGod Lemon & Garlic Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pound Large scallops (I prefer Jumbo or Diver)
- 1 pound spinach
- 2 cloves garlic (or more to taste)
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- ½ cup pine nuts
- Salt to taste
- Amount is up to you:
- Watermelon radishes
- Shaved Pecorino Romano (sheep’s milk) cheese
- Light vinaigrette (any you prefer)
- Black sesame seeds
- Combine ghee and seasoning in a bowl.
- Heat your olive oil in your pan on medium.
- Add your ghee mixture and heat.
- Add your dry scallops but do not crowd them.
- Let sear on one side (about 2 minutes).
- Flip them over and finish cooking ( 3-4 minutes on medium until done throughout).
- Do not overcook.
- Heat pan and sauté garlic in the ghee.
- Add spinach and let cook down, 2 minutes.
- Squeeze out extra liquid from spinach.
- Place spinach, garlic and fresh pine nuts in a Vitamix or blender.
- Whip only until blended.
- Salt to taste.
- Dish spinach mixture onto a plate and place the scallops on top.
- Slice your radishes very thin, using a mandolin or sharp knife.
- Toss in a bowl with your cheese and vinaigrette.
- Add salad to your plate and top with black sesame seeds.